[Stoves] FW: South African "TLUDs" with coal ---- TLUD Stove history

vuthisa at yahoo.com vuthisa at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 09:34:19 CDT 2011

I have seen the 'concentrator lid' on many backyard biochar designs, but the first time I saw it was on John Davies' coal stove. Richard Stanley, John and myself put together a stove prototype based on John's design in 2004 I think. No secondary air but the 'concentrator' made all the difference allowing a gas flame to thrive on top via an improvised burner attachment. - using charcoal instead of coal. It had a ceramic combustion chamber: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLdI0GuOOtk&feature=player_embedded  regards kobus