[Stoves] Re large TLUD and stove terminology

Paal wendelbo paaw at online.no
Wed Aug 31 02:16:45 CDT 2011

 Dear Paul and Kobus.

                From the very beginning I 1988 of my work with FES I always used concentration lid, and did not even think of other solutions until I saw the Tomas Reed  FD stove in 2008, and the Champion stove of Paul S A performed much better when he got the idea of using the concentration lid. It is more important the concentration lid is used than to discuss who was the first one use it.

         The 200 litres incinerator I constructed in Uganda in 1995 had a 125 mm inside channel for primary air which was formed by stamping the stuff to be burned around a pipe which was removed before igniting. The 2nd  air came from twelve 40 mm holes on top of the barrel. The 125 mm pipe was placed on top of the concentration lid .to make a better draft. The barrel was covered with bricks for protection and for preheating the 2nd air.

                Regarding the name of this type of stoves I agree with dr.Martin  BLDD??   BLUD?  BLDD-CT-BLUD ?? it’s a bit confusing, could rather be FES.TL- ND or FD. All hot air is naturally UD if it is not FD. TL is important to indicate, the fact we know it will give cleaner combustion. Probably we also should ask the end user so we all know what we are talking bout.

With regards Paal W