[Stoves] Meals for rural poor

Kevin kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Tue Dec 6 20:43:15 CST 2011

Dear Anil

Very interesting concept, with a lot of merit!!

1: Please clarify abbreviations ( PDS, UID, CSR)
2: Most Fast Food Restaurants cater to a particular market or sector of society. Would all Classes of Society go to the Restaurants catering to the poor? Might be a problem getting adequate volume if not.
3: The poor people would have to travel away from home to get to the restaurants. Would transportation considerations be limiting?
4: Is there any way you can show a simple "Benefit/Cost Ratio"?
5: How could one establish "filters" to ensure the meals were attained by those for whom they were intended?
6: Would it be possible to do "pilot tests" on a small scale in a number of locations, to learn about the problems costs, and benefits from such a proposed program?
7: How can benefits be measured?
8: How long before the benefits will show up?

Please keep us posted as you refine your concept.

Best wishes,

Kevin Chisholm