[Stoves] Vegetable oil or biodiesel?

Xavier Brandao xvr.brandao at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 16:07:11 CST 2011

Hello,

Just being off-topic again, sorry, but I just wanted to dig into the
interesting subject of government-subsidized economic liberalism (yes
nothing less than that) and submit a fun and enlightening paper about how
business climate is good in Texas (depending on what side of the fence you
are of course):
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/rick-perry-the-best-little-whore-i
n-texas-20111026

Pure liberalism: rules are the same for everyone, it's the Adam Smith
invisible hand, everyone for him/herself
State intervention: everyone will feel the hot breathe of the government on
his/her neck
False liberalism with truncated rules, what we have today: if you are strong
and you can pay for lobbies, government officials and legislation are on
your side, you get public contracts and even subsidies. At the same time you
also play in the market economy with the smaller fishes. A win-win
situation, for you only.

Cheers,

Xavier