[Stoves] Drinking straw that eliminates the need to cut any firewood at all

Marc Pare mpare at gatech.edu
Fri Dec 23 18:53:46 CST 2011

Was just talking to someone on the plane home about LifeStraw. The Stanford
Social Innovation Review has a nice critical article on the technology:

"Thirty Million Dollars, a Little Bit of Carbon, and a Lot of Hot Air --
Projects like Carbon for Water is a loopy funding scheme paired with a
lousy public health solution."
http://www.ssireview.org/blog/entry/thirty_million_dollars_a_little_bit_of_carbon_and_a_lot_of_hot_air/

Marc Paré
B.S. Mechanical Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology | Université de Technologie de Compiègne

my cv, etc. | http://notwandering.com