[Stoves] Stoves Digest, Vol 16, Issue 52 - biochar and composting process

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Thu Dec 29 20:26:04 CST 2011

Rajan,

I've had similar experiences with biochar improving composting kitchen
waste. IIT make one think that these things can be done on a small scale. A
couple of years ago we had a report from Bakary Datta in West Africa about
using biochar with compost in water catchments like zai holes. These are
very small scale beneficial uses of biochar.

Tom