[Stoves] Repetitive Cross-Cuts

andy schofield scothebuilder at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 3 12:30:50 CST 2011

Hi Andrew,

Good to see you here! I have been wanting to read Stoves for a long time.
 Doc T-LUD Anderson inspired me recently to join the list.

A polished brass T-LUD installed down below with a proper charley noble, could
extend the short yachting season here in the chilly Great Lakes.
Diesel stoves smell horrible!

  Two kw/ hr of heat to make coffee, and melt the frost from one's beard,
would require about two pounds of cherry pits.
 This would be perfect for a certain antique H-28 I sail. The boat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1tay_HUxNY

  The cost of pits at retail-outlets is high, because packers use propane to dry them.
 So for many, chopping wood is the best option to fuel a gasifying-stove.
Here is the method I use to cross cut maple blocks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZCiCL6cffM

Give my regards to Ken, next time you talk.

Andrew Schofield