[Stoves] When to choose fuel saving stoves over briquettes?

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Thu Jan 6 16:40:06 CST 2011

Jean,
Perhaps they could get a donor to import pellets like they attempted in Haiti eh ?

Less facetiously, do you mean to say that there is no agricultural residues: leaves, stalks, grasses, straws, fronds fens water based weeds etc, chaff husks etc. available ? As well are you saying that there are no bio-wastes from commercial processing of biomass: viz.,  sawdust, paper, cartonboard. If that is so, then you must be descibing a refugee situation because there could be little chance of sustained habitation otherwise.
The needs of one human being in the tropica and at up to say 1500 meters can easily be met by 300 grams of such wastes or combinations of same.. 300 grams is abou one armful of loosely gathered collection of such material at ambient moisture content. Out theirya  Applciations  manual lays out a series of sustainable offtakes ( after soild amendment, tilth and even animal feed requirements are taken into consideration ---according to various land forms and land use patterns, from rural farmland, forest land, dry savannah, to even the urban setting...
I would kindly ask where you are intending to set up the briquetting activity..Perhaps we or the hundreds we know of may know of someone who is already there producing briquettes who can train and equip your group. They ill also be best able to tell you whether or not it is feasible, with what resources..

Kind regards,

Richard Stanley
www.legacyfound.org
NW Obamaland