[Stoves] Burning saw dust in TLUD stove

rajan_jiby at dataone.in rajan_jiby at dataone.in
Mon Jan 17 21:01:48 CST 2011

> Message: 4
> Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 23:30:30 -0500
> From: "Crispin Pemberton-Pigott" <crispinpigott at gmail.com>
> To: "'Discussion of biomass cooking stoves'"
> <stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org>
> Subject: Re: [Stoves] old patent-paper about a saw-dust stoves
>

> Has anyone seen sawdust burning stoves that seems to work reasonably well,
> or are they all plagued by rising thermal power, for example? I am hoping
> that some form of TLUD will work with really small sawdust particles
> because
> there is so much of it around.

This should not be a problem with Champion TLUD stove - since this stove has
a provision for attaching a blower for the primary air.

A blower will be definitely needed to push the primary air through the saw
dust.

A fine mesh can be added above the regular SS mesh ( below the fuel bed ) -
so that fine particles do not fall through.

Regards,

Rajan