[Stoves] [Jatropha cake properties]

Kevin kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Mon Jan 24 23:32:22 CST 2011

Dear Robert

To build on your thought... what about anaerobic fermentation of a mixture of Jatropha presscake and dung?

If the toxins in the presscake did not interfere with the anaerobic fermentation, the residual oil could improve gas grade, and the cellulose/lignin residue from the dung might act as a binder for pellet or briquette production, after draining and drying.

Drainage liquids from the biodigester sludge would make a good fertilizer, if the Jatropha toxins were not a problem.

Best wishes,

Kevin Chisholm