[Stoves] Screw feed TLUD

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 10:07:40 CDT 2011

Dear Friends

Frans sent this (and a lot more) to me about an Auzie pellet burner.

It is for all intents and purposes a fan blown TLUD with a screw feed
mechanism to bring new pellets under the fire. There seems to me to be no
reason that a hand cranked screw feeder could not be placed under a portable
non-electrified stove. Is there some reason why this has not been done
already? Does the ash accumulate on top perhaps?

There is a Russian round plate burner that has fuel pumped up in the centre.
The pile of fuel burns and as new fuel is added the ask falls off the side
of the plate. It rotates slowly so I suspect there is a scraper of some kind
on it at the edge. It is not a stove, it is 5 feet in diameter, 380 kW, but
the principle is sound.