[Stoves] WorldStove replies to BioFuelWatyche's latestimprecisereporting of facts.

Steve Taylor steve at thetaylorfamily.org.uk
Thu Jul 28 13:16:08 CDT 2011

On 28 July 2011 19:05, Fireside Hearth <firesidehearthvashon at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  What I have tried to convey is that I can burn even at my low end with
> nothing but heat plume, and the secondary burn temps never fall below 850
> deg f. In other words there is nothing left to go up the flue. I am looking
> for a way I can afford to get the numbers needed to communicate effectively.
> I will be selling these soon to an audience eager to get my unit, and this
> will in turn fund EPA certification. Until then I am open to suggestion for
> testing which would cost less than the $20,000 I have been quoted. Thanks

Now you're cooking, and that's what this group has spent a lot of time
trying to develop.

There's going to be a difference in the "sanity check" numbers you need now,
and the EPA satisfying numbers you'll need to establish if the sanity check
numbers are good.

Flue gas analysers are pretty cheap - here in the UK, I think I can pick one
up for about 700 USD equivalent. That's going to get you off the ground with
some basic tests.

There are others here with other insights.

Steve