[Stoves] Fire Stump / stump-incuts

Erin Rasmussen erin at trmiles.com
Thu Jul 28 16:00:18 CDT 2011

Hi All,

I'm somewhere in the middle of trying to make the wide variety of stoves
developed and contributed by list members, simpler to view on our
accompanying web site, here's the page with some of the design principles:

http://www.bioenergylists.org/en/stove_design

Since I'm actually working with the stove types and descriptions, I thought
I'd briefly list the range of projects the list has discussed.  There are
stoves for heat, stoves for light, a large number of stoves for cooking,
ovens for baking, some retained heat cookers and solar options for cooking,
boilers of various kinds for heating water, and solutions for inexpensive
heat, charcoal production, and to generate power for a fan or LED (light).

There also tends to be fads or trends of various kinds.  Rockets have been
popular for a while now, TLUDs are also popular, and biochar making stoves
are trending slightly upwards lately, but that's not the limit on the
conversation.

Optimistically, we our aim is to help those people in the poorer areas of
the world with a stove that works better to be able to help them in their
daily lives.  These needs are varied,  cooking is a big one, so is light, so
it style (the stove needs to look nice), so is expense (many of the fuels
are also a  limited resource and can be expensive in terms of time if not
money).

Occasionally we draw inspiration from a stove in a wealthy part of the
world,  to help us design better stoves for the poorer parts of the world,
but we've found that there are better places  to distribute information
about more expensive stoves than our list.

Kind regards,

Erin Rasmussen

Stoves Mailing List Administrator, and primary site monkey

erin at trmiles.com