[Stoves] Improve gas burners efficiency?

Xavier Brandao xvr.brandao at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 17:15:20 CDT 2011

Thanks Crispin,

Yes it seems easy to make, and it seems there would be added efficiency.
Have there been tests made on skirted improved gas stoves?
I'll submit the idea to my colleagues, and perhaps we'll make a test
version.

Now in terms of environmental and social impact, improving gas burners is
not our priority target. Improving wood stoves does have a much bigger
impact. Improving already clean gas stove doesn't improve cooks health nor
does it reduce pressure on forests resources. Let's say the positive effects
are:
- less pressure on natural gas reserves
- less reliance on imported gas
- extra revenues for institutions, restaurants, hotels
- extra activity and revenues for our NGO

Now it doesn't cost a thing to market gas stoves improvements while
marketing our wood stoves. Diversification of our activities is a good
thing, it certainly will make us better known to the market.

Cheers,

Xavier