[Stoves] INVITATION TO AN EVENT TO PROMOTE ENERGY SAFETY

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 09:03:13 CDT 2011

Dear Friends

I think only a couple of you will be in the neighbourhood so it is safe to
pass this around. Note that PASASA will reproduce their famous shack fire
demonstration during which an informal home will be set alight using an
unsafe paraffin stove.

There is a video on the web showing the first 'burning'. It is very
impressive. The temperature in the shack exceeds 600 C within one minute.

It will otherwise be a fun event and a chance to meet the stove and energy
researchers from the SeTAR Centre.