[Stoves] Anticipation of fuels; Its all the producer environment and the market niche'

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 08:09:01 CDT 2011

Dear Richard

> Interesting response as usual, but you miss one point: We are working from
the local producer to local market standpoint perspective, not because we
feel better about it ( low density briquetting versus higher density
pellets) but because the low density product just makes better sense for the
majority of the globe's solid fuel-using citizenry.

[Better] sense from the standpoint of transport, labor rates, technical
skill sets and availability of a efficient distribution network.

It was my intention to cover exactly these points. The combination of
transport, labour, skill and distribution plus of course raw materials is
the root case for any viable industry.

What I was pointing out is that whether one has a whimsical or hard-bitten
commitment to any particular solution, those who hold other views will fill
in the gaps, ignoring everything and everybody else.

I think you made the case very well that in environment where there is
little transport, abundant labour, potential for local distribution and
available materials, low density products that offer, as you have pointed
out, aromatic and cooking services, can be introduced by supplying the
missing ingredient: skill. As that local market develops, the skill set
becomes honed to the point of perfection and highly localised.

The same is true in other places where the labour and materials and
economics and transport are quite different. Right here in Waterloo I can
buy high energy, high carbon nuggets of fuel from several sources (used for
home heating). Several people worked out how the combination of factors work
in favour of their business idea.

In other words we are on the same page reading from the same script.

Best regards