[Stoves] More than one opportunity for RE: Summer Stove Camp

Paul S. Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Tue Jun 28 23:42:15 CDT 2011

Stovers and Biochar enthusiasts.

Stove Camps are great!!  I have just completed my 11th one (7 at
Aprovecho and 4 with the BEF (Biomass Energy Foundation) where there
is focus on micro-gasifier stoves as well as integration with other
stove technologies).  The latest was in Uganda last week.

In addition to the Aprovecho Stove Camp in July in Oregon, there are
at least two more Camps that feature stoves for developing countries
and also biochar and thermal energy issues.  We hope you can attend
one or more.  (Every camp has something new plus opportunities to
interact with others with similar interests.).

A.  Aprovecho's Camp in Oregon in July

B.  BEF's Camp in Massachusetts on 8 - 12 August.  See info at the
host organization's website.    www.smallfarm.org    Says "Biochar
Camp" but it is really "Stoves and Biochar Camp" because we are
certainly into the cookstoves topics.  Camp leaders are Dr. Hugh
McLaughlin and Dr. TLUD (that's me).

C.  BEF's Camp in Honduras at Zamorano University on the last week of
September.  Conducted in SPANISH by Christa Roth and Paul Anderson.
The website with information is not yet available.  If you speak
Spanish and are working on cookstoves, this will be quite an event.
Tim Longwell at Zamorano U. handles the local hosting arrangements.

D.  BEF is open to additional opportunities to conduct Stove Camps,
and we hope to have one in Asia in late 2011 or early 2012, depending
on host opportunities.

By the way, the BEF Stove Camp in Uganda was a great success and we
will be posting information as soom as possible and will announce the
website via the Listservs.

Dr. TLUD
--
Paul S. Anderson, PhD
Known to some as:  Dr. TLUD    Doc    Professor
Phone (USA): 309-452-7072   SKYPE: paultlud   Email: psanders at ilstu.edu
www.gtz.de/de/dokumente/giz2011-en-micro-gasification.pdf   (Best ref.)