[Stoves] household-size continuous-flow rice husk gas stove

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 10:38:45 CDT 2011

Dear Alexis

Your newest stove is convincing me that it is worth trying to make a
'general case' burner of this type. As you know I have been mucking about
with the BLDD laying for almost a decade now and that on looks promising.

I have two comments: the first is that the overall height seems
unnecessarily tall - just wondered why it is so big. The second is that the
flame looks like it needs more pre-mixing. Are you not premixing it? If you
are, then it definitely needs more air because it is too diffuse. It seems
very likely you will be able to get a very hot, short flame at your 1.5 kW
target simply by getting a better mix just below the burner nozzles.

Maybe gas volume is too variable, but anyway, that is what it seems to need.
The gas quality looks good, I think.

I am interested in how the start-up procedure looks and what smoke is
produce during ignition of the rice hulls and then the gas. The fan probably
really helps make things predictable. I am still stuck stock-still in the
world of chimneys.

Best regards