[Stoves] Fwd: A case for integrative stove development , on eve of Oprah...

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Sat May 7 21:33:29 CDT 2011

Friends of things biomass briquettes and stoves ,

Below is a recent exchange between ourselves and a gentleman from the Philippines concerning his briquette stove design but the exchange implies more than just the technology. It forces one to think about how a technology is disseminated

 Welcome to Josh Guinto's "Mr Booh" stove. Its is based on a side fed rocket stove out of early Approvecho, which had  subsequently been  adapted largely by Rok Oblak  for use with hollow core briquettes. But Josh Guinto goes a step or three further: He discovers ways to case harden the outside of the stove refractory core  for greater durability, and give it a special artistic touch....

Is it 100 % efficient; Is he an "approved" stove maker: Probably not in either case.
but then,
 Is it more efficient than what they had before: Indeed it is. (He has done the basic  tests).
Will it be replicated and maintained locally (Well, if it isn't, his business dries  up because he is at risk making and selling them.

So, do you decide to seek out and work with the clever and persistent Mr Guintos, of the world, offering your technical inputs while learning from them about how it is integrated and technically refined for their local use.

or,

Do you run to China for a mass produced " standardised model because, you can "control the outut"   to  maintain "good quality standards" ,

It poses an interesting issue on the debut of the PCIA on 'eve of Oprah, eh ?

Pressing on,

Richard Stanley
www,legacyfound.org
NW Obamaland