[Stoves] Chart of breathable particles

Frank Shields frank at compostlab.com
Thu May 19 17:21:35 CDT 2011

Dear Crispin,

In another life I studied asbestos, id and air samples. Fascinating material
- boring work.

Because this chart is based on results from air sample tests using standard
test procedures to make the comparison, I suggest keeping all six types
under one category as when counting fibers they are not separated into the
type. We are talking 20um to 5um size range and just look for size and
length X width ratio.  At least that's the way I did it back then.

I am surprised to hear they are thinking of re-opening the mine after all we
went through in the 80's to have asbestos removed. The fibers need to be
>0.75" long to make into gloves etc. Amazing rock.

Frank

Frank Shields
Control Laboratories, Inc.
42 Hangar Way