[Stoves] Chart of breathable particles

Kobus ventfory at iafrica.com
Fri May 20 16:39:50 CDT 2011

Fascinating topic.  I remember Tom Reed mentioning a few years back how
he still has a bit of a cough having worked with fibrous materials on a
project (in the 70's?).  It made me re-think using riser tubes / vacuum
formed ceramic fibre and I've gone away from it now (indoor use), having
developed low density insulated fire bricks with the help of our local
university.  Don't play with peoples lives, especially when arriving at
the conclusion that no one really knows what the real dangers are.  The
less dense the ceramic in question - the more prone it is to wearing out
- and the eroded material must have gone somewhere??  The higher the
density of the ceramic the more durable it is, but flame quality
suffers.  The trick is to find a mid-point and replicate it exactly
every time.

Kobus Venter
http://www.vuthisa.com/
http://za.linkedin.com/in/vuthisa