[Stoves] Edinburgh biochar

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Thu May 26 11:27:58 CDT 2011

Andrew,

Thanks for the notes.

AJH >Lehmann romped through a comprehensive overview demostrating the rise in interest in biochar from the exponential like growth of cites in academic papers since 2004 and similar increase in adverts and publications dealing with compost.

Academics applying their tools are certainly welcome. We need more monitored field trials to provide our agriculture extension agents with the information they need for identifying appropriate uses for biochar.

We also need high quality compost-biochar studies and demonstrations.

Bad luck about the TLUD misconceptions. Somebody was just sloppy with their research.

Tom