[Stoves] Composting at 70 deg C ?

rajan_jiby at dataone.in rajan_jiby at dataone.in
Sun May 29 21:00:04 CDT 2011

Dear Frank,

Pasteurization of Milk is carried out around 70 deg C ( hope I remember
correctly ), when most of the bacteria are destroyed ( some bacteria must be
surviving ).

My question is : Can composting happen naturally at 70 deg C ( ie. without
any external heating to assist ) ?

If external heat is applied, what could be the maximum arrived temperature
range for the compost pile ?

Best Regards,

Rajan