[Stoves] Biochar definitely into compost as a host to microbiology but as animal feed?

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 10:04:35 CDT 2011

Dear Gerrie

Charcoal is often given to people and animals that have a running stomach,
as they say. Traditional medicine. Still used.

+++++

Hello Kevin:  This seems quite odd to me.  I would not expect animals to
want to ingest char however I shall add a few chunks into the chicken pen
and watch for the results.  I would not expect the char to act like oyster
shell or grit in the crop but to be honest I do not know so I shall observe
and I have one rooster isolated for the next family dinner so I can feed
some into his pen and if he ingests it I will examine the crop when he is
killed to see how it "looks" compared to the stones and grain normally seen.
Regards, Gerrie

Regards, Gerrie Baker, aka The Worm Lady