[Stoves] Biochar definitely into compost as a host to microbiology but as animal feed?

Gerrie Baker gbaker at rideau.net
Fri Nov 4 10:00:45 CDT 2011

Hello Kevin:  This seems quite odd to me.  I would not expect animals to
want to ingest char however I shall add a few chunks into the chicken
pen and watch for the results.  I would not expect the char to act like
oyster shell or grit in the crop but to be honest I do not know so I
shall observe and I have one rooster isolated for the next family dinner
so I can feed some into his pen and if he ingests it I will examine the
crop when he is killed to see how it "looks" compared to the stones and
grain normally seen.  Regards, Gerrie

Regards, Gerrie Baker, aka The Worm Lady

Dedicated to delivering organic waste solutions through education and demonstrations of worm composting habitats indoors and outside.  Focused on converting garbage to gardens and encouraging people to grow their own healthy nutritious food and beautiful edible flowers.

The Worm Factory
874 Grady Road, Foley Mountain
Westport, ON  K0G 1X0

613-273-7595