[Stoves] sausage maker adaptor for manual briquette presses

Richard Stanley rstanley at legacyfound.org
Wed Nov 9 15:45:48 CST 2011

For all you pellet, sausage-size-biomass fuel-needing  stovers, we are playing with an adaptor for the conventional batch-fed cylinder press to allow one to make multiple quantities of anything from sausage sizes down to pellets.

The idea is being co-vented  as we speak and its very much 'open-source',  so please , feel free to dive in with design thoughts, all.
Although in this sketch, I suggest using metal pipes welded together, there is in retrospect, little reason it could not be made out of just a cylindrical block of wood.

In this design you would not be pushing the piston completely through the cylinder (as you do with many of the conventional briquette.presses)  The material would just be coming out  the tubes and breaking off (or, it could be cut off) at a certain length.
Please be first on the  block to try it out.  If it can work for you,  it will help many  with their many different types of briquette presses,  in the network.

Basi Haya, na aluta Continua,

Richard
www.legacyfound.org
Arusha Tanzania