[Stoves] Looking for a stove designed for larger amounts of biochar

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 13:04:46 CST 2011

Dear Vetle

For how long can they cook with 600 g of maize cobs?

What sort of cooking task can they complete I that period?

Are larger or smaller volume stoves required as well?

Thanks

Crispin

++++++++

Dear Gajin

I and our NGO Miombo are currently working on a BIOchar and household
energy, pilot Project with Paal Wendelbos Peko Pe TLUD 6 liter stove in
Zambia.
The stove produces aprox 25% of Biochar. which is even better than
traditional charcoal kiln.
As we are revisiting the farmers that are included in this project the
result are much better than the expectations.

The amount of BIOchar after the flame is put out depends on the material
used and how dense it is.. As for our project we are introducing Maize cobs
as fuel so a 6 liter Peko Pe will be filled with about 0.6 kg of cobs. .