[Stoves] re stove cost

Xavier Brandao xvr.brandao at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 15:58:26 CST 2011

Dear Paal,

"Charity and subsidising has not solved any long term poverty problems in
the world rather opposite. Mass production and marked economy has not ether
solved any problem of poverty."
That is very right, in my opinion, we have :
- Charity and subsidising : a bad tool for a good purpose
- Mass production and marked economy : a good tool for a bad purpose (making
money)

Now we have the good purpose, we know people need good stoves, we are sure
about that. But we still need to find the tool to achieve that. Market
economy might well be that tool. One thing is sure, it is a powertool.

"Coca Cola with it?s coloured water and sugar is mentioned, what long term
poverty problem has that solved?"
None, but it excels at one thing : customer assent. No or very few stoves
can say that, to my knowledge.
Have you ever bothered to look at the top 20 companies in terms of turnover?
None of them are sustainable, in fact they are just the opposite : oil and
gas (mostly), finance companies ... I do not say they are evil (or are they?
:) ), because they are useful. But they promote an unsustainable way of
living. How come life-saving products like stoves are not on top of the
list? Because of what we said, TVs, cell phones, motorbikes and products for
a quick pleasure are always the priority. We need to look at the success of
these companies to understand what to trigger in the customers mind.

Cheers,

Xavier