[Stoves] sausage maker adaptor for manual briquette

Xavier Brandao xvr.brandao at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 15:20:08 CST 2011

Dear Crispin,

" I one bothered to design a manual 16 cylinder (square) pressing system for
the 65 x 65 mm briquettes shown on the NDE website."
Seems interesting I am gonna have a look at that.

" Because pressure is not a big issue for this type of briquette I suggest
it is not worth investing in a lot of 'high pressure' for extrusion."
Yes, that's what I thought, we need to take the problem the other way round.
Since small pressure is needed, we are not bound by a lever-effect, so we
are more liberty in the press design. The charcoal-clay briquette press is
in fact half-way between a press and a mold. We might be able to save money
when building the press, and time in the production process.
I saw today that with a good mix (75% charcoal dust, 17% paper pulp, 8%
clay) pressing with bare hands was faster than with my 6 slots press. The
press is not very well made, we'll try to make it work faster. But with 16
cylinders, now it starts to be competitive!

" Making a spiral on a shaft in a simple workshop is surprisingly easy -
even a thick blade. They can be turned by hand to great effect."
Yes yes yes, now you convinced me! This is also what my associate tells me,
he is travelling now, but has one or two idea about that. A friend welder of
us, known for making (copying) complex machinery, also boasted this system.
Small workforce, high productivity. Actually it is the same principle as the
Peracod rotor press I was talking about, right?
I think our team could make that. I'm gonna start to look for plans and
technical info on internet.

Thanks,

Xavier

Message: 2