[Stoves] sausage maker adaptor for manual briquette

Fireside Hearth firesidehearthvashon at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 22 16:10:24 CST 2011

Hello Xavier,

    Here in the States we have sold various "prest logs" for years. I think we have tested, burned and sold every thing that has ever been made of saw dust and wood chipping materials. This information may not help you as you are working with different materials, but here's what we have found. "pressed logs" tend to expand in the firebox giving off allot of heat at the beginning of the burn cycle, but then you end up with allot of unburned product in the bottom of the stove which often extinguishes the fire. The extruded logs (450,000 lbs pressure) come to an internal temperature of about 650 degrees f> during the extrusion process. This causes the lignents in the wood pulp to melt and once cooled is the "glue" which holds the material together in log form. These logs are harder to light by a long shot, but are much longer lasting in the firebox, burn completely, and VERY cleanly. Our burn temps get so high that we often find the ash will become molten in the bottom of the firebox. In our stove...one of these 5 lb logs will give us an 8.5 to 10 hour burn with a fairly constant btu output. The pressed logs are only good for a 5 to 6 hour burn time.

          Food for thought,

                 Roger