[Stoves] Vegetable oils

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 23:45:14 CST 2011

Dear Richard

Would you recommend that one end by dipped in it as an igniter, or is it
applied to the whole outside, or it is mixed in?  Seems to me that if dried
sufficiently it might harden and become a binder.

Surely adding a tiny bit of caustic soda would cause it to set?

Can you burn soap cleanly if there is only a little?

Crispin Pete et al. ,

Several in Malawi were dipping the agro residue based briquette in said
veggie oils. Kobus experimented with same too.

As I recall,  It provided a quick start and readily efficient
self-consuming/ hcleaning/  wicking system for the oil during combustion.
Very little is needed something like 1 or 2 ccs per a 10cm ø x 7.4cm tall,
hollow core (~ 550 cc/~140 gram) briquette.

Richard Stanley