[Stoves] High mass space heating options Re: Rocket Stove for the PLACE

Paul S. Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Fri Oct 7 09:02:49 CDT 2011

Dear Jote and all,

Your problem (opportunity) is about space heating.  And you seem to
want biomass rather than fossil or other heat sources.  So you should
consider all  heat-transfer options with biomass, not just latch onto
Rocket or some other technology that makes heat.

For the climate of the Los Angeles area, why not consider a high-mass
stove?  It gets hot and then radiates heat for a long time.

A new friend of mine in Massachusetts, Chas (prononced as in Jazz)
Hinckley has a design for a high mass heater and we are discussing a
moderately large TLUD combustor to provide the heat.

We are looking for other people who might be specifically interested
in this high mass heating option with a TLUD heat source.

If anyone is interested, please get in touch with me and Chas to have
some off-list discussions.  (Chas is not subscribed to the Stoves
Listserv.)

Yes, you can put a Rocket burner into a high mass device, but I do not
deal with that.

Paul S. Anderson, PhD
Known to some as:  Dr. TLUD    Doc    Professor
Phone (USA): 309-452-7072   SKYPE: paultlud   Email: psanders at ilstu.edu
www.gtz.de/de/dokumente/giz2011-en-micro-gasification.pdf   (Best ref.)