[Stoves] High mass space heating options Re: Rocket Stove for the PLACE

Alex English english at kingston.net
Sat Oct 8 21:49:16 CDT 2011

Paul,
The TLUD configuration has it's advantages and disadvantages, like any
system. One advantage is it's steady state energy release. High mass
heaters strive for a similar result. It seems a bit redundant to pair
the two. Perhaps it depends on other considerations like a desire for
char or an available particulate fuel supply.

There are some folks doing fine work at the Masonry Heater Association.
http://mha-net.org/
They have done a lot on emissions, efficiency and durability.
They have looked into Down feed rocket configurations.
I'm not sure if they have quantified losses between firings, or seasonal
efficiency.

Its a simple concept with lots of technical details.

What do you see as the advantages of combining these two approaches?

Alex