[Stoves] High mass space heating options Re: Rocket Stove for the PLACE

Chas Hinckley chinckley at efwinslow.com
Mon Oct 10 09:39:36 CDT 2011

That is precisely the reason I am thinking about combining these two concepts; biomass/char and mass absorption and transmission. I want to produce char as a co-product of the heating cycle, cooking will also be a secondary consideration.
My desire is to find a design that will benefit and further enhance each of these concepts. I am not particularly enamored with the idea of continuous "fire" tending, I do like the notion of building one or two very hot, short duration fires and then walking away to have the mass regulate the heating needs of the space.

As I said above creating biochar in this process is equally important to my purposes. I really hate the idea and throwing off the "waste" heat from the char production, as I also do not like the idea of burning up the char in a continuously fed heating appliance. It seems to me that it may be possible to doubly enhance the efficiencies of each of the these two processes by combining them.

Does this seem desirable to any others here?

Chas, pronounced Chaz

If this is going to become a busy discussion I will need to set up a different email acct for it, this is my studio email and it gets enough activity on it's own. Is this a discussion that should be moved to a list server?