[Stoves] High mass space heating options Re: Rocket Stove for the PLACE

Steve Taylor steve at thetaylorfamily.org.uk
Tue Oct 11 05:48:21 CDT 2011

On 11 October 2011 04:12, Fireside Hearth
<firesidehearthvashon at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  Hello Alex.....
>
>      So I guess maybe I am interested in learning about how char is made
> now and just maybe I might think of ways to make it with less environmental
> down sides. Any further info would be great, Thanks for your time.

I think you need to be more specific about how you think that using all the
energy from the rest of the material in a clean way makes the resulting
carbon residue have downsides ? The carbon residue is sequestered carbon,
ready to be put back into the plant cycle. Slash/burn isn't designed to make
char, its designed to clear land.

Steve