[Stoves] re burning risehusks

Paal wendelbo paaw at online.no
Thu Oct 13 04:02:03 CDT 2011

Dear stovers.

       The main problem with TLUD-ND is not the devise it self, but the way some look at it or not look at it. I have had no problem with my ND Peko Pe with long time cooking or room heating.

       The combustion chamber, or as I like to call it, the energy unit of the TLUD ND is a very simple device, which have the full control of the combustion with no regulation. It has to be seen as a recycled wrapping on the fuel or a loaded battery to be put into a stove, not different to batching solid woodfuel into an ordinary wood-stove. And the stove can be the cover with a cooking stand on top for single unit use and it can be a bigger stove using more energy units for cooking or heating.

     A unit can be of any size from 1 to 200 litres. A unit with 1kg of pellets will give 1 ½ hour flame of 600 to 700°C or with chopped wood 1 hour with the same flame-temperature. Both will give 25 % biochar if the process is stopped, cooled down with some small water, when the flame is ended.

            It’s a very flexible system. You just ad the energy you need for the actual activity, and you can easy adopt if you want the char for simmering or for biochar.

        The fuel can be pellets 6-8mm, woodchips, gras, straw, The main thing is moisure, how it is arranged and how it is ignited.

         To avoid cold air from door and window chinks to be heated and then dropped up in the chimney as Crispin mentioned, you just take the fresh air directly from outside into the stove, it will cover both 1st air  2nd air and no soot in the chimney.  I think he has tried that.

With regards Paal W    .paaw at online,no