[Stoves] Ni/H cooking stone for developing nation cookstoves

Brown, Henry, DoIT Henry.Brown at state.nm.us
Thu Oct 13 16:48:07 CDT 2011

Replacing charcoal production would save trees and prevent deforestation all over the world.

A new reactor Ecat could be simplified into a cooking ceramic stone that produces 1000 F (580 C) temperature.

This stone could produce heat for years, replacing wood fires in developing countries.

A red brick with a cigarette sized reactor inside could cook food and sterilize water.

SAM Kargbo works for SUNY in Albany, NY - Sam is a SUNY educator who grew up in Africa. "This (nuclear cooking stone) sounds really promising. I believe it will help millions. You are right, deforestation is one big problem in a continent like Africa. Many places in Africa are now dry due to the loss of trees being cut down. I would definitely be the first man to go sell the new invention (cooking stone) for you in Africa. "

Scratch Ecat Cartoon: There are more references below.

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/GeneMachine/1791470

Ecat uses hydrogen as its primary fuel.
Managing hydrogen ions limits sustaining the Ni/H reaction.
A ceramic Ecat using a solid-state hydrogen fuel source would allow Ecat to be widely used.
US Air Force lab reproduced Ecat and reveals Nickel catalyst.
http://nextbigfuture.com/2011/06/brian-ahern-getting-8-watts-in-low.html
Ecat could be used in the home to produce steam for heating, hot water, and electric generation for homes and cars.
http://nextbigfuture.com/2011/04/swedish-researchers-confirm-rossi-and.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_Catalyzer
See attached (Ecat_Nuclear_Reactor_Rankine_Model.doc)
Nickel is a very common waste product from copper mining ($12.10 /LB).
Nickel is the 5th most common element on earth.
The Ecat uses 50 grams of Ni to produce 25kWh (approx)
http://www.nyteknik.se/incoming/article3144960.ece/BINARY/Download+the+report+by+Kullander+and+Ess%C3%A9n+%28pdf%29

Girls in developing countries must collect firewood and leave school.
Could students devise a small cigarette sized Ecat to place in a brick to produce heat for cooking?
See attached Nuclear Cooking Stone.doc

I worked at Los Alamos National Laboratory (90-91).
I was a Peace Corps Volunteer working on renewable energy and water in Jamiaca, WI in the 1970's.
I saw the deforestation by firewood collection in Haiti.

Could NIH and DOE develop a solid state hydrogen fuel to power the cooking stone?
http://ceramics.org/ceramictechtoday/2011/03/23/two-new-mgh2-based-approaches-for-hydrogen-storage-proposed/

Henry Brown
hbrown at sisna.com<mailto:hbrown at sisna.com>
505 795-3680