[Stoves] Ni/H cooking stone for developing nation cookstoves

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 10:42:34 CDT 2011

Dear Henry

Thanks for the contribution and the attachments. I have been following this
story and perhaps you could fill in the small blank that remains from the
message.

The process adds one proton to a stable isotope of Nickel and I am going to
assume here that it is 58Ni becoming 59Ni, is that correct? There are
several stable isotopes of Ni
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isotopes_of_nickel

I wondered if it was clear by now whether it was a particular isotope of Ni
that is needed. There seems to be a lot of speculation about this.

An attractive aspect for cooking is that the energy needed to prepare the
fuels (H and Ni) is less than the gain in energy from the fusion. The
binding energy seems to indicate 58Ni => 59Ni not some other reaction
delivering 62Ni which would be higher.

To develop the product would require skills available at a National
Laboratory.

For those how have little time to read this, see the link
http://nextbigfuture.com/2011/04/swedish-researchers-confirm-rossi-and.html
for a recent update and confirmation that it works.

Thanks

Crispin