[Stoves] Don't waste the heat, grow red wigglers and glorious greens

Alex English english at kingston.net
Sun Oct 16 08:57:47 CDT 2011

Andrew,

The "second stage" chamber is a large water tube heat exchanger which,
by design, the flame from the gasifier enters.
It is large enough to accept large wood in the event of an automation
failure of the  chip system. In this mode or in combining modes, any
"sophistication"  will be lost. Changes in air metering, air mixing  and
residence time will compromise combustion quality even before the "air
is shut off". Offgas is likely condensing on/in tubes, chimney and our
atmospheric commons.

Why worry?
Alex