[Stoves] Don't waste the heat, grow red wigglers and glorious greens

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 14:50:02 CDT 2011

On Sunday 16 October 2011 14:57:47 Alex English wrote:
> Andrew,
>
> The "second stage" chamber is a large water tube heat exchanger which,
> by design, the flame from the gasifier enters.
> It is large enough to accept large wood in the event of an automation
> failure of the  chip system. In this mode or in combining modes, any
> "sophistication"  will be lost. Changes in air metering, air mixing
> and residence time will compromise combustion quality even before the
> "air is shut off". Offgas is likely condensing on/in tubes, chimney and
> our atmospheric commons.

Sounds like you are familiar with it. I live very close to a Kingston but
not as close as you and if I visit Canada it would have to be summer. I
appreciate the reference to commons.

> Why worry?

Congenital problem refined by code from generations of survivors, even if
logic suggests I'm travelling a road to nowhere.

AJH