[Stoves] POTASIUM basics

Frans Peeters peetersfrans at telenet.be
Mon Oct 17 06:58:23 CDT 2011

Paul,

   Black soot wil be  tar from a dense hydrocarbon pek like sapin trees
,containing 13% .polyphenols till > 7  kekul rings .

KOH   and       K2CO3 under 400° C will act as fire extingwisher !

Mixing with rice huls make the % disturbers are lower .

K2SiO3 is water soluble! Good for plants like bamboo what needs 5% Si
fertliser ;

K is needed for large fruits like big patatous !

Steamcoocking gives 13% loss of K .      Water coocking much more .!

We need 2500 milli gram K / day in our food .

Mind

K transport is partly a slepping particles transport by CO2 gas flow..

KOH can move and condense 10 cm higer in a reactor .or chimney . Polyphenols
5m high .

Stainless steel Nickel oxydes dissolve by KOH in yellow salts .

Purple flame is K , if not over yellow from Na .

Regards

Frans

Frans,

You say that

K transport is not called gasform but migration as airosol particles .smog
alike.

Does this explain the presence of black soot in the syngas?
The black soot disappears when coffee husks are gasified along with rice
hulls.
In the reactor, does K in the coffee husk react with silica in the rice hull
to form potassium silicate?
Does this explain the disappearance of the soot?

Thanks.
Paul

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 5:35 AM, Frans Peeters <peetersfrans at telenet.be>