[Stoves] Important Biomass company we've never heard of--andnever will, ...

Kevin kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Fri Oct 21 07:02:02 CDT 2011

Dear Dan

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Carefreeland at aol.com
  To: stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org
  Sent: Friday, October 21, 2011 6:46 AM
  Subject: Re: [Stoves] Important Biomass company we've never heard of--andnever will, ...

  In a message dated 10/20/2011 2:04:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, rstanley at legacyfound.org writes:

  DD: Dan Dimiduk comments
    ...del...

  DD What gets me is that even though I am listed in the phone book under "Lot clearing and leveling"  I have not been approached by these people to market my wood.

  # They are only interested in larger wood suppliers that can deliver 40 tons per week on a regular basis. Is this perhaps why they did not contact you?

  Best wishes,

  Kevin

   If you visit their site you will find that they are more of a wood location service. They are brokers who take a percentage of the transaction to hook up big users such as utilities with big producers.
      I wonder how long a producer is tied to their distribution contract. Typically in these situations, businesses use the service to find a customer and then later terminate the contract and go around the middle man. There is a big new pellet producer in south Mississippi who teamed up with a company in Europe to expand and ship pellets to the European markets. As large as that contract is, I doubt they used a middle man to put it together.

      Dan Dimiduk

  stoves at lists.bioenergylists.org

  http://www.bioenergylists.org/