[Stoves] Pyrolysing tires?

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 22:47:02 CDT 2011

Thanks Robert

Thanks makes sense. One of the big producers pre-the fall of the Wall was
Carbon, a city in Romania, right? It was a Hell-On-Earth. I am pretty sure
they used coal at that one. Coal tar is a good prospect too. What a
miserable business.

If we wanted to supply the carbon black market, what tonnage of sustainable
biomass would be needed?

There is only so much carbon available in any form. One of the greatest ways
to get some back is growing trees!

Hi Crispin

According to Wikipedia, "Carbon black is a material produced by the
incomplete combustion of heavy petroleum products such as FCC tar, coal tar,
ethylene cracking tar, and a small amount from vegetable oil."

Robert