[Stoves] [biochar-production] Re: Stoves Digest, Vol 14, Issue 17

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 10:31:23 CDT 2011

Dear AD

>Char can affect soil characteristics like soil texture, water holding
capacity, density, degree of compaction, etc.

And

>If one wants to extract some energy out of biomass before putting it into
soil, one should convert biomass into biogas and apply the effluent to the
soil.

So it seems we need to check what the comparative advantages of biogas
slurry and biochar are. Perhaps both would help. I have not heard of a
negative result from adding slurry.