[Stoves] [biochar-production] Re: Stoves Digest, Vol 14, Issue 17

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 00:54:45 CDT 2011

Dear Crispin,
Biogas slurry contains all the inorganic components in the original
biomass, plus certain organic compounds which the anaerobes are unable
to digest. Being an anaerobic process, there are a number of reduced
compounds in the slurry like NH3, H2S, etc. which serve as food for
the soil micro-organisms, which oxidise these compounds to gain
energy. N, P and S are generally lost while burning the biomass. But
biogas slurry contains them because biogas is formed at lower
temperature.
Yours
A.D.Karve

--