[Stoves] Stoves Digest, Vol 14, Issue 52

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 03:50:05 CDT 2011

On Saturday 29 October 2011 00:52:24 Crispin Pemberton-Pigott wrote:
> Hmmm...
>
> My question was not really about how to make it last (for some
> bacteria-hosting effect). I was really after the answer to the question
> about access to the ash minerals which were suggested as being a major
> benefit in depleted soils.

Crispin you have frequently been invited to join the discussion on biochar
elsewhere and I have similarly asked that [stoves] remains focused on the
subject of small scale use of stoves for cooking.

I know there will always be a crossover and a little thread drift and I'm
happy to see discussion about co production of heat and char for a number
of benefits but I don't think discussion of the strategic or agronomic
benefit of char verses compost versus ash is within the scope of this
list.

AJH