[Stoves] Stoves Digest, Vol 14, Issue 52

Crispin Pemberton-Pigott crispinpigott at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 05:24:35 CDT 2011

Thanks Andrew. I hear you. I cannot afford the time to follow another list
and there is little I could contribute at this time.

I have continuously in mind the economics of fuel for stoves and the
characteristics of char that might be a goal. As you know the responses are
pretty thin on both counts.

I repeat my invitation to any/everyone to have a look at some of the stove
tests at the New Dawn Engineering Library and comment on them. The type of
testing is not encountered when doing cooking or water boiling tests so it
may give everyone new insights into what is actually coming out of a stove
and when.

Tami was testing in Honduras and reported that 85% of the PM was emitted in
the first 5 minutes. The tests I posted (only 4) show how this was dealt
with: attacking the ignition problem as the main issue, not the later stages
of the burn.

The link again is http://www.newdawnengineering.com/website/library/Tests/

Crispin you have frequently been invited to join the discussion on biochar
elsewhere and I have similarly asked that [stoves] remains focused on the
subject of small scale use of stoves for cooking.