[Stoves] cleaner stove ignition

ajheggie at gmail.com ajheggie at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 05:58:00 CDT 2011

On Saturday 29 October 2011 11:24:35 Crispin Pemberton-Pigott wrote:
> Thanks Andrew. I hear you. I cannot afford the time to follow another
> list and there is little I could contribute at this time.

I'm afraid that is true of many of us, this interweb thing presents too
many choices. Of course that is why we need to stick to topic.

> Tami was testing in Honduras and reported that 85% of the PM was
> emitted in the first 5 minutes. The tests I posted (only 4) show how
> this was dealt with: attacking the ignition problem as the main issue,
> not the later stages of the burn.
>
> The link again is
> http://www.newdawnengineering.com/website/library/Tests/

Point me to the files of specifically test 4. Perhaps we can discuss what
happens and why?

One of the advantages of top lighting is to quickly establish a flame that
burns to completion without needing to heat mass above it through
heating-drying-pyrolysis-ignition stages.

AJH