[Stoves] Enthusiasm for TLUDs Re: re biochar production

Paul S. Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Mon Oct 31 15:17:02 CDT 2011

--
Paul S. Anderson, PhD
Known to some as:  Dr. TLUD    Doc    Professor
Phone (USA): 309-452-7072   SKYPE: paultlud   Email: psanders at ilstu.edu
www.gtz.de/de/dokumente/giz2011-en-micro-gasification.pdf   (Best ref.)

Dear Dean,

I just love it when I read your positive statements about TLUDs, as in
your message below.

But at the same time I am not fully convinced that you advocate or
represent to the "outside world" the TLUD capabilities to the full
extent that is needed.

Examples relate to informing the government agencies and the BIG NGOs
(the management types that get the big grants and then take in
sub-contractors) about TLUDs.  Those influencial people (who clearly
consult with Aprovecho repeatedly) never seem to inquire very deeply
into the TLUD alternatives.

At least those inquiries do not reach me or any of the other people
known to be fully involved with the micro-gasification technologies.
I prefer to not get into specifics about inquiries.  I would rather
just see the flow of information improved so that the TLUD options are
more widely known and fully represented at the important meetings that
are occuring.

Better said:  You do not need to take upon yourself the full weight of
responsibility of representing the micro-gasifiers.  We willingly
share all of the TLUD information with you and everyone else, and we
welcome all efforts to explain the TLUD alternatives.  Please continue
as a leading ambassador of improve cookstoves around the world.  But
we do not ask for the TLUD information to be filtered through one
outlet.

Sincerely,

Phone (USA): 309-452-7072   SKYPE: paultlud   Email: psanders at ilstu.edu