[Stoves] New US Patent law change

Carefreeland at aol.com Carefreeland at aol.com
Fri Sep 9 16:03:57 CDT 2011

In a message dated 9/9/2011 4:22:54 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
firesidehearthvashon at hotmail.com writes:

DD: Dan Dimiduk comments.

Max......

I am genuinely confused by the time spent by this group on the subject of
patents. From what I gather most folks on this list are publicly funded. In
the case of big business, take Boeing for example, if an employee comes up
with a patentable idea on company time........Boeing gets the patent right,
 not the inventor. Should the folks funding listers get rights to their
idea's  if a patent is awarded an idea?
In our  case we have used my 26 years in this industry serving a community
of 14,000  people who were smogging up the air to create a product which can
and will  make a big difference on a global scale, and are living well
below the poverty  level so we can fund this project ourselves. My dream is to
create a large  enough income to be able to devote my life to helping others.
Flatly spoken, I  will not be able to help anyone with anything without the
invention becoming  successful. I am not a Paul Allen or Bill Gates who has
any interest in 400  foot yachts, or football stadiums which only serve to
make money on the public  ignorance. I guess if I were then this
conversation would mean little to me.
Reading these posts seems  as if my wish to secure a patent is an unpopular
thing to do. Suggestions like  kickstarter, and the like, have been both
unfruitful as well as limiting on  financial gain. This might help me pay my
bills for a while, but that would be  the extent. If everyone who has made
comment were working on a patent then I  guess I could understand the time
spent on this issue. If not then I would  suggest then anyone publicly funded
might find a better use of public money  then to debate a subject such as
this.

Sorry if I didn't get the  point

Roger

DD, Speak for yourself Roger. Some of us are completely self funded, and
have devoted a large portion of our lives to specific projects. While giving
away lots of freebee help to the general public, there are certain projects
 enough in demand by industry to warrant caution. It's not only the
royalties I'm  worried about it's the ability for large entities to patent around
an idea and  keep one from using it to turn a profit.
     I will count on the domination of market to  develop a change in
behavior and socioeconomic impact. If the big boys lock  things up, it disallows
the licensed smaller entities to flourish and take away  their market share.
It's not always as simple or easy as a little twist on an  old idea or new
widget. Some ideas are game changers in the larger scheme of  things, and
very dangerous in the wrong hands. Large firms employ experts  in industrial
espionage. I need something to keep those coyotes away  anyhow.

    Dan Dimiduk